- Bishop Barron needs to acknowledge his own "abyss": white privilege
- Cardinal fired by Pope caused "huge black hole" in Church finances by funnelling funds to offshore investments, family businesses: report
- Former Irish president blasts "self-serving... little old men" running Church: "People are walking away in droves"
- Leaked questionnaire on potential bishops points up shortcomings in Vatican appointments process
- Bombshell: Pope accepts resignation of Angelo Becciu as cardinal, prefect of Vatican saints' department
- Portuguese Catholics blast cardinal, bishop for "disappointing and undesirable conservatism"
- In online liturgy, 500 Catholic women worldwide clamour for ordination: "What have we done with the God of Mary's 'Magnificat'?"
In the news
"conservatives" and "liberals" abuse abuse of power accountability bishops celibacy christian identity church and state clericalism climate change common home coronavirus ecology economy environment eu europe gender equality health healthcare inclusion integral human development laypeople medicine migrants nationalism peace politics poor populism prayer priesthood racism reform refugees religious life secularisation sex abuse social justice society solidarity spirituality synodality theology women in the church