- Coronavirus: Italian Church cancels Masses, Ash Wednesday services as over 200 infected and five dead
- In message for Lent, Pope hits out at "idolatry" of "unbridled thirst for profit", appeals for "more just and inclusive" economy
- German bishop warns Church refusal to reform "a betrayal of the Gospel"
- Milan archbishop criticises "alarmism" over coronavirus, apathy for victims in poorer countries; Vatican also takes preventative measures
- Spanish Catholic women "losing patience" with Church: "Without deep changes it will never be the Church of Jesus"
- Pope cries: "It is imperative to end the exploitation of the poorest!"
- 130,000-strong petition in Germany, "revolt" in Spain, global protests... Catholic women's frustrations reach boiling point
We support: Where Peter Is
We support: ChangeRoots
In the news
"conservatives" and "liberals" abuse abuse of power accountability amazon synod celibacy christian identity church and money church and state clericalism climate change courts development ecology economy environment eu financial scandals gays in the church gender equality history laypeople lgbt+ rights migrants nationalism opposition to pope francis peace politics populism prayer racism reform refugees religious freedom secularisation sex abuse social justice solidarity spirituality synodality theology vocations war women in the church xenophobia