In case you missed them… from the Cardinal Sarah celibacy book scandal to a secret meeting of an anti-Francis cabal in Portugal to an Austrian cardinal on the Last Judgment, here are Novena’s ten most-read stories in January:
10. Feminist French Church reform campaigner: “Pedophilia is a symptom of an inward-focused, masculine clerical culture”
9. French women denounce exclusion as Eucharistic ministers: “It calls into question the equal dignity of the baptised”
8. German bishop recognises women’s exclusion from ordination “fundamentally unjust and inappropriate”
7. In midst of Sarah scandal, Pope laments “much harm” done by “incoherent and schizophrenic” pastors
4. Protestants invited to take communion at first Catholic Mass in Geneva cathedral since Reformation
1. Austrian cardinal says Last Judgment about having fed hungry and clothed naked, not sexual orientation
Thanks, as always, for reading us.
Related: 'Do-it-yourself' Masses during coronavirus, a bishop honours gay couples' faithfulness... a look back at April with Novena
You could also sign up for our daily and/or weekly newsletters, if you’d like.
We’d love to have you on board.
Next on Novena:
The following two tabs change content below.
Latest posts by Cameron Doody (see all)
- Vatican child protection expert says “of course” clergy sex abuse “one of the main reasons” people leaving German Church - July 2, 2020
- Ecumenical Patriarch warns conversion of Hagia Sophia into mosque “will disappoint millions of Christians”, “fracture” East and West (video) - July 1, 2020
- “He was simply a Christian”: Italian missionary dies in Madagascar after 59 years of service to “poorest of the poor” - July 1, 2020