In case you missed them… from the Cardinal Sarah celibacy book scandal to a secret meeting of an anti-Francis cabal in Portugal to an Austrian cardinal on the Last Judgment, here are Novena’s ten most-read stories in January:
10. Feminist French Church reform campaigner: “Pedophilia is a symptom of an inward-focused, masculine clerical culture”
9. French women denounce exclusion as Eucharistic ministers: “It calls into question the equal dignity of the baptised”
8. German bishop recognises women’s exclusion from ordination “fundamentally unjust and inappropriate”
7. In midst of Sarah scandal, Pope laments “much harm” done by “incoherent and schizophrenic” pastors
4. Protestants invited to take communion at first Catholic Mass in Geneva cathedral since Reformation
1. Austrian cardinal says Last Judgment about having fed hungry and clothed naked, not sexual orientation
Thanks, as always, for reading us.
You could also sign up for our daily and/or weekly newsletters, if you’d like.
We’d love to have you on board.
Next on Novena:
The following two tabs change content below.
Latest posts by Cameron Doody (see all)
- Young theologians denounce discrimination in Church: “How could a loving God want that?” - September 29, 2020
- German bishop backs blessings for gay couples: “How can I refuse?” - September 29, 2020
- European Bishops decry COVID-19 profiteering, warn isolationism “against human rights” - September 28, 2020