In case you missed them… from the Cardinal Sarah celibacy book scandal to a secret meeting of an anti-Francis cabal in Portugal to an Austrian cardinal on the Last Judgment, here are Novena’s ten most-read stories in January:
10. Feminist French Church reform campaigner: “Pedophilia is a symptom of an inward-focused, masculine clerical culture”
9. French women denounce exclusion as Eucharistic ministers: “It calls into question the equal dignity of the baptised”
8. German bishop recognises women’s exclusion from ordination “fundamentally unjust and inappropriate”
7. In midst of Sarah scandal, Pope laments “much harm” done by “incoherent and schizophrenic” pastors
4. Protestants invited to take communion at first Catholic Mass in Geneva cathedral since Reformation
1. Austrian cardinal says Last Judgment about having fed hungry and clothed naked, not sexual orientation
Thanks, as always, for reading us.
You could also sign up for our daily and/or weekly newsletters, if you’d like.
We’d love to have you on board.
Next on Novena:
The following two tabs change content below.
Latest posts by Cameron Doody (see all)
- Ukrainian Orthodox head backs protests in Belarus, calls on citizens to “protect the democratic future” of country - August 14, 2020
- German Bishops advertise in national newspaper for new (lay?) secretary in move Catholic women hail as positive step - August 14, 2020
- Bishop proclaims from Fátima: “Migrants are a necessity and an asset for Portugal” - August 14, 2020