In case you missed them…
From a German bishop’s criticism of “whining” demands for Mass during the COVID-19 pandemic to the Orthodox Church’s strong condemnation of Christian nationalism, here are Novena’s ten most-read stories in April:
8. German Bishops’ vice president: “If I were Pope, the first thing I’d do would be revise the ordination of women”
7. Liberation theologian, on coronavirus: “All individualism, soul of the culture of capital, is false and anti-human”
6. Theologian blasts “quasi-magical” online COVID-19 Masses: “It seems that grace can’t leave churches”
4. Orthodox Church condemns Christian nationalism: “There could be no greater contradiction of the Gospel”
2. Portuguese cardinal calls “ignorance, fanaticism or madness” belief coronavirus is God’s punishment
1. German Bishops’ head: “If a gay couple lives with faithfulness, can’t we say their relationship is blessed by God?”
Thanks, as always, for reading us.
You could also sign up for our daily and/or weekly newsletters, if you’d like.