From the team at Novena, to all our dear readers: a very happy, prosperous and blessed 2020 to you all.
As our way of ringing in the New Year, we thought we’d take a look back at our 20 most popular stories from this last year, that no doubt will continue to have repercussions into 2020.
Thanks for reading us this year!
You can also sign up to our free daily and/or weekly email newsletters to stay on top of the latest European religion news.
As a special offer to our readers, too, we’re very happy to announce a new affiliation with BetterWorldBooks.com – New, Used, Rare Books & Textbooks.
BetterWorldBooks is more than just an online bookstore… not only do they everything from children’s books to arts and photography books to textbooks and religion and spirituality books, but they fund book donations, literacy grants, volunteering opportunities, and other special projects, so you know you’re helping a good cause.
See you in 2020 with lots more stories!
Novena’s top 20 in 2019:
13. New Swiss clerical ‘vestment’ gives lay men and women ministers step towards recognition they deserve
11. Ultra-Catholic Bannon group ordered to vacate Italian monastery under threat of police escort… but granted last-minute reprieve
6. German Bishops insist homosexuality “normal”, sex after divorce and remarriage not a “serious sin”
5. New female Catholic “pastor” making history in Germany urges other women to follow in her footsteps
4. Vatican official: Homosexuality-pedophilia link a “great injustice”, “criminalisation” of gay identity
Latest posts by Novena (see all)
- Zagreb cardinal invites new Croatian president to “dialogue of mutual respect and understanding” - January 10, 2020
- Derry bishop says Northern Ireland needs Government now to avoid worst-case Brexit - January 10, 2020
- Germans’ trust in Church, Pope dips as impatience for reform grows - January 9, 2020