In case you missed them…
From the Pope’s warning to businesses not to fire people during the coronavirus outbreak to a theologian’s lessons to learn from the pandemic, here are Novena’s ten most-read stories in March:
10. Francis warns businesses over coronavirus: “It’s not the time to fire people, it’s the time to welcome them”
5. Full statement, video: Irish Catholics warn hierarchy: “Women will no longer put up with second class status”
4. Theologian: “Can we say the Eucharist is a meal of welcome and then not share it with all the baptised?”
3. German Bishops’ head wants permission from Rome to ordain female deacons; thousands of Catholic women protest for Church equality
2. Coronavirus: In defiance of travel ban, US seminary in Rome ordered to send students back to home dioceses
1. Theologian warns on coronavirus: “This pandemic demands a different relationship with nature and the Earth”
Thanks, as always, for reading us.
Related: 'Do-it-yourself' Masses during coronavirus, a bishop honours gay couples' faithfulness... a look back at April with Novena
You could also sign up for our daily and/or weekly newsletters, if you’d like.
We’d love to have you on board.
Next on Novena:
The following two tabs change content below.
Latest posts by Cameron Doody (see all)
- Vatican faces more pushback on new parish instruction… this time from Church in Malta on fees for sacraments - August 7, 2020
- Severe lack of lay theologians, public perception of division give German Church more reasons to push on with ‘synodal path’ reforms - August 7, 2020
- Vatican cracks down on baptisms administered ‘in the name of the community’ - August 7, 2020