In case you missed them…
From the Pope’s warning to businesses not to fire people during the coronavirus outbreak to a theologian’s lessons to learn from the pandemic, here are Novena’s ten most-read stories in March:
10. Francis warns businesses over coronavirus: “It’s not the time to fire people, it’s the time to welcome them”
5. Full statement, video: Irish Catholics warn hierarchy: “Women will no longer put up with second class status”
4. Theologian: “Can we say the Eucharist is a meal of welcome and then not share it with all the baptised?”
3. German Bishops’ head wants permission from Rome to ordain female deacons; thousands of Catholic women protest for Church equality
2. Coronavirus: In defiance of travel ban, US seminary in Rome ordered to send students back to home dioceses
1. Theologian warns on coronavirus: “This pandemic demands a different relationship with nature and the Earth”
Thanks, as always, for reading us.
Related: 'Do-it-yourself' Masses during coronavirus, a bishop honours gay couples' faithfulness... a look back at April with Novena
You could also sign up for our daily and/or weekly newsletters, if you’d like.
We’d love to have you on board.
Next on Novena:
The following two tabs change content below.
Latest posts by Cameron Doody (see all)
- Three out of four Spanish priests seek “new pastoral model” after COVID-19, group suggests Masses without bishops or priests - June 1, 2020
- Pope goes all out against corruption in the Vatican with new Holy See procurement law - June 1, 2020
- Portuguese cardinal discourages communion on the tongue: “Christ said ‘Take and eat’, not ‘Open your mouth'” - June 1, 2020