In case you missed them…
From the Pope’s warning to businesses not to fire people during the coronavirus outbreak to a theologian’s lessons to learn from the pandemic, here are Novena’s ten most-read stories in March:
10. Francis warns businesses over coronavirus: “It’s not the time to fire people, it’s the time to welcome them”
5. Full statement, video: Irish Catholics warn hierarchy: “Women will no longer put up with second class status”
4. Theologian: “Can we say the Eucharist is a meal of welcome and then not share it with all the baptised?”
3. German Bishops’ head wants permission from Rome to ordain female deacons; thousands of Catholic women protest for Church equality
2. Coronavirus: In defiance of travel ban, US seminary in Rome ordered to send students back to home dioceses
1. Theologian warns on coronavirus: “This pandemic demands a different relationship with nature and the Earth”
Thanks, as always, for reading us.
Related: The resurgence of clericalism in the Vatican, Hagia Sophia, the non-stop push for the ordination of women... This was July on Novena
You could also sign up for our daily and/or weekly newsletters, if you’d like.
We’d love to have you on board.
Next on Novena:
The following two tabs change content below.
Latest posts by Cameron Doody (see all)
- Ukrainian Orthodox head backs protests in Belarus, calls on citizens to “protect the democratic future” of country - August 14, 2020
- German Bishops advertise in national newspaper for new (lay?) secretary in move Catholic women hail as positive step - August 14, 2020
- Bishop proclaims from Fátima: “Migrants are a necessity and an asset for Portugal” - August 14, 2020